July 20, 2009

Disappointed in MSN - Substantive article is replaced with non-news nonsense!

Sunday morning when I logged on to my personal MSN email account to check practice schedules and remove the SPAM telling me I'd won million$, there was an article that was (gulp)of interest and not the non-news nonsense they inundate us with. It was a subject near and dear to me and it was under the guise of weight loss. Perfect! The article was well written and well researched (although they didn't bore the reader with the hundreds of studies to back up claims, for example, that eating blueberries and other plant foods are better for you than fast food.)

I was hooked and read the comments. Several bloggers appeared to be the typical "industry plants" (see previous post) and it was great. There was a dialogue and bloggers were engaged and posting. (With today's technology why can't MSN block the individual that was posting more than his/her two cents? At least twenty posts under the same name?) I replied to a "Doc" (obviously not an MD) who was touting the benefit's of cow's milk and was obviously industry. Logged off at 8:00AM.

Fast forward through a busy Sunday with baseball practices and Sunday dinner and there were over 200 comments posted...Yippee! Excellent commentary and dialogue had continued all day. And then as quickly as MSN posted a substantial, meaningful article that engaged many of us with discussion and analysis... it was gone. Disappeared I tell you. And in it's place? The sexiest beaches in the world with a woman on a surf board.

Help me boycott this non-news nonsense that we are inundated with on a daily basis. Yes, some call it guilty pleasure. I call it crap! Don't open, forward or otherwise give these knuckleheads a click they don't deserve.

Oh by the way...happy Monday morning!

No comments: