August 16, 2009

Supermom101 accused of starving 15 year-old - 6'2" teenage son

This past weekend, Supermom101 was accused of not feeding her 15 year-old son for an entire week. According to a source familiar with the situation, "Supermom's son has been starving for a week."

Allegedly Supermom's husband got their son up and out of bed at 9:30AM Friday morning because he had to mow three lawns that day. This was the morning after his son's team had won the Babe Ruth Championship series the night before (they swept the series). "What's a kid to do?" the source familiar to the situation continued. "The night before they had won the Championship and maybe he stayed up late to watch the Red Sox's lose and now he has to mow lawns in the 85 degree heat with nothing to eat. It's just not right, man."

According to Supermom, she received a telephone call from her distraught son at approximately 3:35 PM Friday afternoon. "I had just returned to my desk from a meeting with the CEO and saw that I had missed two calls from home on my cell phone when my office phone started to ring and displayed the home number. They never call me at the office. I knew it was an emergency since the younger two were at camp and our oldest was off mowing lawns. I thought maybe it was my husband calling to say the dog had been hit by a car or our son was hit with a projectile while mowing the lawns." When I heard our son's voice I was concerned.

"Mom, you have not fed me for one full week. There is nothing to eat. I am starving and sick of spending my own money to eat. I'm sick of making quesadillas and why don't we have any food? Why haven't you been food shopping. There is nothing to eat." And then the phone went dead.

Superom101 reportedly started to laugh when the receiver went dead. When asked to elaborate she only commented, "Um well. The day before my friend had just spent a small fortune at the supermarket and her 15 year old son told her there was nothing to eat too and she had just put all the food in the refrigerator and he was staring at a fully stocked fridge. Is it because I'm not there to prepare it and deliver it to him on a silver platter?"

"Although I was a bit annoyed that he hung up on me," Supermom101 continued, "I called him back about twenty minutes later when I knew he had calmed down. I figured there was more to the story."

According to an expert on childhood development and specifically hungry teenage boys, "I question the parents judgement in leaving a 6'2" fifteen year old at home and expect him to mow three laws and make his own lunch. What type of young adult is Supermom raising when she and her husband are sending him mixed messages," the expert continued. "I don't want to imply that Supermom101 is being negligent but not having his food prepared for him and in the very least cutting the edges off his crust? The father should pay a landscaper to do his son's work and let the kid sleep until noon. What type of "teachable moment" is this young man experiencing when his parents are placing so much responsibility on him. What's next? Keeping his room clean and feeding the dog?"

Supermom101's husband could not be reached for comment. However, according to another source close to the situation, "His dad is the type to say, ya know, get up and get out and mow the lawns. And. I think it's really like unfair, 'cause maybe he was up late watching sports center and like the Red Sox's always lose to the Yankees and you want to keep watching the same Yankee's home run over and over because you can't believe they go extra innings and once again..."

P.S. Supermom's 6'2' 15 year old son looked over her shoulder when she was editing this post and his only comment, "no one is going to read it; so why bother posting it?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things that this young man should think about before complaining about the lack of food.

1. Are you able-bodied? Are you confined to a wheelchair? Are you able to bath and feed yourself? Are you able to walk? What would your life be like if that were to change? Imagine your life as you know it, but without being able to freely use your limbs?

2. Do you live in a safe environment? Do you live in fear of your safety on a daily basis? Imagine your life as you know it, but with bombs going off outside of your house..or imagine having to sleep in a shelter or on a street.

3. Do you Eat everyday? Are you malnurished? Are your teeth falling out because your body does not get enough nutrients? Imagine living your life as you know it, but not knowing where your next meal will come from, or if it will ever come.

4. Does your mother love you? Would she give you her meal before eating herself if it came down to it? Now imagine living your life with a mother who didn't care about whether you went to bed hungry or not.

Lastly, Imagine how your mother felt when she ran to the phone fearing the worst just to have her son hang up on her. Imagine how that felt and how it would feel for it to happen again....

Now.....my final question is when you put your life in perspective...what do you have to complain about?


My advice to the child: apoloogize to your mom and do something nice for her.

Advice to supermom: Keep up the good work. This artice was hilarious!!!

love,
your ct. niece.

Anonymous said...

I read Supermom101's postings whenever I get a chance.

I'm sorry to hear there is such hunger going on in their home. What's difference than any other home where there's a typical teenager opening the refrigerator and looking for food to their liking!
I think that there are more important things to post Supermom!

But, this was is by far the funniest you've written...and yes people do read these postings.

Perhaps a follow-up on real hunger inside homes would be a wealth of information on the subject.

Anonymous said...

Oh how terrible, I've been accused of the same horrible thing from perfectly capable working "children" too.

Anonymous said...

Let him eat grass! I know that a mother's loving care cannot compare to DYI -- but, c'mon -- there are vegetables in the garden!

Anonymous said...

People DID read it and side with mom :)