November 18, 2009

Would you eat this for lunch?


According to the head of of our local school lunch program, "our meals must contain 2oz of protein, fruit, vegetable, bread and [cow's] milk in order for us to be reimbursed [from the federal government]. "

"They" wonder why Americans have never been sicker or fatter. And...since when do I need a science degree or a clinical study to tell me that eating a banana for breakfast is better for me than chocolate milk with a pop tart.

Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates (462 BC)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be the skiniest person alive if my food choices were on the lunch tray as I would not touch any of it. It almost makes me want to go back to high school!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the lettuce and fake tomato?

Anonymous said...

Asked our kids if they would eat this. 10 year old commented: the corn looks plastic.

Anonymous said...

I'm 64. What happened to beef stew and mashed potatoes. This isn't food.