May 3, 2009

Time to...







This blog is coming to you from the local library. It's the only place I can work (for the most part) uninterrupted by family members looking for misplaced wallets, book reports or disappearing cleats. I still don't understand how one can come in to the house with a shoe on each foot and then exactly 12 hours later not be able to locate either one of them. I'm flattered my family thinks I am the godess of lost items, but I always fall back on the same mantra my mother used to preach, "I don't wear them so I don't know where they are."

NOT...the kid's just found me in the library and they are looking for money! It cost me $7 to have them get lost for a half hour.

I digress...

Several books that sit by the bedside include:

Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber

John Adams by David McCullough (Finished but kept for frequent reference and inspiration.) McCullough's chapter of Adam's experience in Shrewsbury where he overhears the farmers concern over the blockade at Boston Harbour was riveting..."the people are ready for revolution." It's how I feel with all the celebrities with milk moustaches. We're paying with our lives and they are being paid by the dairy council.

Brilliant Color: Painting Vibrant Outdoor Scenes - I haven't touched a paint brush in three months and am very disappointed in myself for lack of focus. Need to carve out a few hours a week and have always found taking a class helps. Just can't fit it in to the Spring schedule with all the school, work, church and sports commitments. The Open Studio is happening in two weeks, and I am not participating again this year. My goal is to have eight paintings from Tuscany available next year.

Next posting will be journal entries from Tuscany trip (Spring '08) where I was able to paint for six days without looking for cleats or paying off the kids...it was heaven!
p.s. The painting at the top of the blog is a small study of a Tuscan photograph. It is a gift to a dear colleague.

No comments: