June 25, 2011

I'm often asked...

What do you eat if you don't eat cheese?  How do you get your calcium if you don't eat dairy? Isn't organic a joke and a waste of money?  And, of course: "What's for dinner?"

I'll start with the last since since that's what rings most true to our world.  My guess is most of us SuperMoms-in-training can attest: it isn't easy to food shop, put the groceries away, cook and serve a healthy, delicious meal after a long day at the office when your family is scattered on three different ball fields until 7:00PM.  So, what's a beginner SuperMom to do?

Our favorite "fast food" is burritos.  I'll fill mine with rice, beans, guacamole, salsa and grilled veggies. They roll them up and you're good to go for under $6.00.  And, it fills a very hungry 17 year old.  (Getting the Mexican soda made with real cane sugar is a treat. So we usually wait 'til we get home to have a beverage.)   Here's a link to our favorite, local Taqueria: Tango Mango

Tango Mango - Newton Centre

p.s. Will answer the other questions under separate post.  Since it's Saturday morning and raining, I need to clean the house.  Or, at least make an effort for an hour or so.  If I tell myself that I'm exercising when I vacuum, mop, and dust does that count as exercise?

p.s.s. Check out this Cancer Fact Sheet from Globocan:  The Mexican population has one of the lowest breast cancer incidence rates in the world: Fact Sheet - Breast Cancer

Best health always!

No comments: