February 13, 2014

Baking banana bread on a crisp New England morning* (Repost)

Not a big fan of bananas, but our daughter is.  What to do with the rotten bananas?  (The three pretty nasty looking bananas ended up behind some things on the counter where she couldn't see them so they ripened before she had a chance to eat them.)  Have to say the bread smells sweet baking in the oven on a crisp New England morning.
Hot out of the oven...
True story:  A close family friend from Korea has been practicing acupuncture for over 40 years and is extremely knowledgeable about the mind, body, and spirit connection through diet and told me that if a pregnant mother does not eat a food that she does not like than her child will not like that food either.  So, I tried an experiment.  I detest bananas and when I was pregnant with our daughter I gagged down one bite of a banana.  Yep!  For sure, she is our only child that loves bananas.

Best health always...I now enjoy warm banana bread on a crisp New England morning...and it's even better toasted the next morning.

Substituted Earth Balance* for the butter of course.

Will update with recipe in following post...

No comments: