April 17, 2014

This dairy-free recipe beat brownies in the contest?

Recipe Contest Winner…drum roll please


Awesome!  This recipe beat out brownies
and has inspired me to purchase a kitchen gadget to slice

The first time I roasted these with a little olive oil in a 350º oven for approximately a half hour, our youngest kept asking me what they were.  (I pretended not to hear him until he asked me a third time.  We were watching T.V. so he must of thought it was a real treat I was eating.  When I finally offered him one, he ate the rest.  What child discovers Brussels Sprouts at 12?)

According to the American Institute for Cancer Research,  after 4 weeks, 16 recipes, and over 1300 votes, we finally have a winning dish. It was a close race, but Brussels sprouts came out ahead, beating classic comfort food, Veggie Lasagna, 53% to 47%. Competing against colorful salads, spicy soups and even our famous brownies, it definitely earned its spot on top. Plus, adding cruciferous vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, to your diet can help lower risk for certain cancers, especially those of the colon, mouth, esophagus and stomach.


No comments: