September 25, 2015

Please Think Before You Pink

Breast Cancer Action Toolkit
UGH!  (Update to original post):

Was in the bank making a deposit for a friend at a large national chain and was offered a pink ribbon. Oh, and if I opened a credit card they'd make a donation to https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/susan-komen-credit-card.go

I politely told him that I'd had breast cancer and don't support organizations that are making a profit off cancer and searching for a "cure."   I prefer to focus on prevention.   When I got to our car and told our son who was waiting in the car . . .  he went off too.     Made me smile that (hopefully)  #pinkwashing days are numbered at least they have been at our house for over 14 years now.

Best health always,
Supermom-in-training

_________________________________________________________________________

Dear Breast Cancer Action,

Thank you!   When I was first diagnosed and treated for breast cancer I had no idea about America's fake food supply, diet of diseases,  and the cancer industry.* (Actually thought I was eating healthy.) Thankfully that was over 14 years ago and at that time also discovered your "Think Before You Pink" campaign.

Just ask our children (early twenties and late teens) what I think about the pink gloves and cleats while we're watching an October NFL game - and this year will be worse - apparently the NFL will "end their tax exempt status" and "the change will mean the NFL's head office, which earned revenues of about $327 million in 2013, will have to pay taxes on its income," according to a Washington Post article.  The NFL home office has been tax exempt?

Of course the players hearts are in the right places and many of the NFL owners too but I've been saying for years now, "all this pink washing always makes me a tad nauseous" and you have provided a remedy.

Thanks again for all your work.

 p.s. I have the utmost respect for the medical industry. *I've been treated by, worked with, and supported by some of the best medical doctors, RNs, oncologists, cardiologists, radiologists etc. at what are considered World Class hospitals and they support my change in diet and journey in to prevention 100%.

Best health always,
Supermom-in-training

No comments: