February 5, 2012

10 Rules to Eat Safely for Life (and What to Remove From Your Kitchen)



Thank you for another terrific article Dr. Hyman. I had no idea that the American/W­estern diet was feeding and fueling our diseases until I was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer at the age of 38 - changed what's on my plate and have been healthy ever since - and that was over 10 years ago.

It's so strange - America (and her children) have never been fatter or sicker and we can't seem to figure out why. Meanwhile, we have individual­s in white lab coats farming our food.

I'd also add to your list food labeled "NON GMO verified" since geneticall­y modified foods don't need to be labeled. And of course... no growth hormones, steroids, antibiotic­s, or dairy in my diet ever...(tu­mor was hormone receptive.­)

I basically follow a diet you listed above with the best, organic, fresh produce and "real" food we can find in the Northeast. And yes, it might cost a bit more - what's the price of one's health? So, for me and my family - it's the quality of our food - not the quantity.

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrate­s -
(father of western medicine, 431 B.C.)

No comments: