November 19, 2013

Fooducate:9 Tips for Healthy and AFFORDABLE Grocery Shopping



Posted comment:

Great tips!  I'd also suggest to be sure to read your labels to keep out the "cheap" ingredients  (high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils) from your shopping carts.    If I can't make it in my kitchen, find it in my cabinet, or pronounce one of the ingredients - it doesn't go in my cart.  

Love the idea about trying one new produce per week.  True story:  last night I made brussels sprouts - haven't had them in years.  They were frozen so I gently thawed and threw in the oven with a tad of olive oil to finish cooking.  As I was eating them, our fourteen year old kept asking me what they were and the first two times I pretended not to hear.  When I offered him one - he must of had 10.   Looks like I'll be making brussels sprouts again soon.

Best health to all...

No comments: