March 26, 2014

Brazil's Dietary Guidelines


Reply to Fooducate Post


Dear Ann,
When experiencing breast cancer at the age of 38 I had no idea about America's highly processed, genetically engineered, factory farmed, hormone and steroid injected, chemically laden, arsenic feed, artificially flavored, food supply, and I thought I was eating healthy! Thankfully, at the time, I discovered the Walter Willett's and MIchael Pollan's of the world. (Also that the breast cancer rate in rural China is 11:100,000 and in the U.S. it's 1:8. Yep! They call it's the "rich" women's disease. (BTW, have the complete support of my oncologist.)
So, I have a frank question for you. Don't you find it strange that America (and her children) have never been fatter or sicker and we can't seem to figure out why? Meanwhile, you're telling us that everything is fine with America's food supply?
Twelve years ago, I changed what's on my plate, in my shopping cart, in my kitchen cabinets, and on my dinner table and thankfully have been healthy ever since.
Wishing you good health,
SuperMom-in-Training

No comments: