March 21, 2012

"Are you and dad green?"

"Are you and dad green?" is a question our youngest asked a few months ago.  Now, I'd never really thought about it.  We don't intentionally purchase products because of the carbon footprint, or do we?  After the longer than usual delay that most parents provide when we're thinking long and hard about a question but pretending we're preoccupied with something else, I answered, "ummm....not necessarily." 

"I'd call us more Yankee frugal which is actually the same thing but with a different name."  How's that for confusing a simple question!

Seriously, "turn off  the water and don't leave it running, close the refridgerator door, turn down the heat, run errands in the same area, turn of the lights, eat leftovers or make soup with them..." I suddenly realized...I'd become my dad.

Favorite radio station since forever is The River and every morning they provide a "green tip"from the Green Alliance - this morning's tip: the definition of "carbon footprint."

Don't cry because it's over.
Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss

No comments: