March 25, 2012

Vintage Weight Loss Ads: A Look At The Health Advice Of Yesteryear


These ads are awesome! The baby with 7-Up is classic.

My dad was telling the story just the other night (and he was a smoker at the time) that years ago he went to the doctors for a really bad cough and the doctor became indignant when my dad asked him if he would take the cigarette out of his mouth while he was listening to his lungs.

In my opinion, it's similar to today's medical professionals and obesity. Is it me or are most of the medical staff (I'd say 2/3s easy) are extremely overweight? I found it so peculiar when I was facing yet another surgery for breast cancer and the pre-op nurse was morbidly obese. I've never had a weight issue (thank goodness) in my life and every magazine in the waiting area is saying that excess weight can be a factor.

Thank goodness that I discovered the true connection between diet and diseases in America and have been healthy ever since.

Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates

Best health to everyone!
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: