March 30, 2012

'Pink Slime' Beef Manufacturer Suspends Production At 3 Of 4 Plants Amid Outcry

Dog food?
"Sound nutritional science?"

Dear Mr. Carpenter,

Since when do I need a lab coat, a PhD in chemistry and a "scientific" study to make my kid's a truly "healthy" and "nutritional" lunch for less than $3 bucks?

With all do respect, of course it's 100% beef - so are the eyes, ears and tail - and I don't want it in my 100% ground beef. Isn't that what you feed the family dog....not my children? After I had cancer 11 years ago - at my house - we focus on the quality of food and not the quantity so that means no more highly processed, nutritionally void, genetically engineered, steroid injected, antibiotic fed 100% beef that eats genetically modified corn for me or my family. (And our youngest can tell the difference - big time!)

Who knows - maybe America will shed a few pounds when instead of a quarter pounder with cheese they eat an 1/8 of a pound with veggies.

Cheap food can be very expensive!

Best health always...
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: